Please Pardon My MisEducation

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Song In My Head.

EBay. Do you use it? I do. Rhiana does. We buy and sell. Mostly we buy like good little American consumers. It has also been a valuable resource for us to dump items that have value, but aren’t valuable to us. You are probably wondering why I would lead in with that. The answer is this, “Daydream Believer”, by The Monkees. That is the song that EBay has injected into my brain, and I can’t seem to shake it.

I’ve had this song in my head all day. I knew that I had picked it up from a T.V. commercial, but wasn’t sure what was being advertised until I did a standard Google search.

“Oh yeah.” I told myself. “Ebay.”

Note to EBay marketing department. You failed. If a person can recall the theme music to your commercial, but not your product, it is not a good thing. Although, I guess one could argue that you are getting a pretty resounding endorsement from me right now.

I wonder if there is appropriate lingo that describes what EBay has accomplished here. I remember the hook, but managed to get away from the line and sinker. Or did I? I’m sure that they do have some sort of industry acronym for consumers like me. What would that be?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:37 AM, Blogger Ann Marie said…

    The one that always got stuck in my head was "Stuck in the Middle with you" The commercial showed Thongs going across a clothes line between apartment buildings.. for the life of me I have NO CLUE what the commerical was for. Must go google now.. Thanks Jeremy..
    Now you have two things against you..
    1. you are a proven liar by self admittance (did I spell that right??)
    2. you have that dang song stuck in my head..
    Three strikes your out buddy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home