Please Pardon My MisEducation

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Radio City

I have an old I-River MP3 player. I dusted it off this week. I bought it primarily to use at the local gym. The purpose was to drown out the grunts and groans that the muscle heads belted out during reps of lifting obscene amounts of weight. That was three years ago.

Two years ago the MP3 and I had journeyed from a combined weight of 216 down to 166. Yes, that is light for a guy who tells the lady at the Motor Vehicle Registry counter that he is six feet tall. Anyway, I’m back up into the 200’s and frankly a little disappointed with myself. By no means do I want to be as low as 166 again, but I’d rather not be working on all time highs either.

This morning I pulled the MP3 out of the drawer, threw it in the gym bag with a change of clothes, and headed to the gym. To my surprise I found the music still loaded to be relevant for workout inspiration.

To make a long story short, I just want to share with you the music that was nearly soothing to my ears.

Nirvana
You Know You're Right

Smashing Pumpkins
Zero
Ava Adore

Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg
Dre2k

Joan Jett
Bad Reputation

Eminem
Square Dance
Hailies Song
When the Music Stops


Fuel
Won't Back Down

Incubus
Stellar

The Beastie Boys
So What'cha Want

Metallica
Battery
Master of Puppets

Sanitarium
Damage INC

Godsmack
I Stand Alone

Soundgarden
Spoon Man

Korn
Falling Away From Me
Here to Stay

Guns N Roses
Civil War
You Could Be Mine
Don't Cry

Drowning Pool
Tear Away

...More Metallica
Blackened
One
And Justice For All
Eye of the Beholder

The Shortest Straw
The Small Hours
Dyers Eve
Tuesday's Gone

Stone Cold Crazy
St. Anger

Adema
Giving In
The Way You Like It

Greenday
Welcome to Paradise
Nice Guys Finish Last

Man oh man did Axel Rose have a lot to say. Have a look for yourself. The man was ahead of his time.

"You can't trust freedom

When it's not in your hands

When everybody's fightin'

For their promised land

And I don't need your civil war

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor..."

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home