Please Pardon My MisEducation

Saturday, April 01, 2006

A Columbus Journey

A quick follow up to my last post "Cornfield Playgrounds." Here are some pics that Rhi and I were able to get while visiting Columbus.


Rhiana took this picture of the Irwin House and the sculpture that stands guard over the adjacent public library.

So that you have an idea of the scale the next photo was taken for reference sake. The guy in the photo is six feet tall.


Chaos I is another important piece of art that calls Columbus home. The picture below was taken standing approximately 75 feet from the brilliant sculpture.


The Crump is the very old theater on 3rd Street downtown. It has closed and opened several times and it's future remains in question. We didn't get any up close shots because of time contraints.


My grandfather used to take me to the confectionary pictured below. Zaharako's was a magical place during my childhood. The self playing organ was historic...was because it was sold recently. Another landmark of which the fate has yet to be determined.


Good friends and good memories. Kelly, Curt, Brian, Vicki, Sandy, Harmony, and Wendy. Nothing says, "Townie" more in Columbus when these people know your name at the 4th Street Bar and Grill.


Here are a few more photos.

Bartholomew County Courthouse

Columbus East High School

W.D. Richards Elementary School

First Lutheran Church


Par Three Golf Course Clubhouse

Here are some additional photos that tie my history in to Columbus.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home