Please Pardon My MisEducation

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Random Musings

Musical Reconnect

My I-pod did it again this week. It brought me back together with some of my forgotten favorites. I broke out the massive leather book that is my CD wallet. It is the biggest one I could find at Target. 300 plus CD’s! Wow that’s a small fortune invested in a dying technology. One of my friends here at work asked to borrow my Miles Davis collection. Of course I told him the titles I have…or shall I say had. I committed to producing several titles that have managed to vanish from the clutches of my leather monster. Of those I gave my own personal ringing endorsement to Porgy and Bess which of course was one of the missing titles. It did however give me a chance to reconnect with “Dingo.” Man does that album jam.

The Dogs

Buca peed in the house again last night. I had to pull the stove out and scrub the tile. And what else? Rhiana went to the doctor and was given a new pink arm brace (it’s a long story). The brace isn’t covered under insurance so we have to pay cash for it. While we went to the grocery store, Buca jumped up on the counter and swiped it. He chewed it up. Damn dog. He’s lucky he’s cute and cuddly because otherwise he’d be dinner. Kayla of course was and will probably remain confused.

The Wedding

We are getting there slowly and surely. Actually not really slow anymore, it’s gonna be here soon. We (Rhiana, Patti, Uncle Ron, and I) met with the florist over the weekend. It’s a good thing Ron was there because he gave us an excellent perspective on what we should be looking for. I won’t go in to details for the sake of those coming to the wedding and as not to spoil the surprise. We’ve finally decided to honeymoon at Martha’s Vineyard. We’ve been looking at many options. We decided it was best to take a honeymoon that we could pay for in cash. Sure we could have gone to the Bahamas or Mexico, but not without “charging it.” We are also able to take the dogs, although we may have to tie Buca to a tree while we are there.

Rhiana

She was sick. She is finally getting better. She also finally went to the doctor after I had been prodding her for a whole week. Today she is back to work. She seems to have a ton of energy too. I’m glad she’s better.

The House

We painted the walls of the basement over the weekend. Well…we painted 1/3 of the walls. Most of the walls are a very nice oak finish plank board…the remainder was just white. Now it is dessert sand. Our landscaper still has not come back to us with an estimate to fix the grass. It’s been nearly two weeks. I think they just lost a sale.

TV

Rhiana claims to be growing closer to Criminal Intent. Lost is on tonight, but I gotta say…I think when the cast was on the way to the island this year…the boat they were in jumped a shark. “Thief” is getting huge reviews and am I surprised? Nope. I like just about every original series that FX Network puts out. My favorite being of course The Shield…but Lucky was charming…and we all know about the pins and needles that Nip/Tuck evokes.

Work

Work is work. Same cubicle different day.

The Fam

Dad called. He is close to finishing a wedding gift for Rhiana and me. He’s busy as usual in his wood shop. Wendy is buying a new car. Mom and Grandma are getting settled in Arizona…Zane doesn’t like peeing outside on rocks which is the only option in the middle of the desert. Lesley and Brad are doing well I’m sure. I really should call her.

Dreams

Last night I had a dream that I was working for a Volvo dealer in the middle of nowhere. I also got a phone call from my cousin Matt. He hung up on me because I told him that Rhiana and I couldn’t come to his wedding…which actually happens to be next month. Oh well, I’m sure he’s really fine with it…we sent him some glassware off of his registry.

Sports

After one week the Sox are 6-1. Schilling and Beckett have really been a delightful early surprise. Foulke needs to be traded (if anyone will take him.) Theo is probably kicking himself now that Bronson Arroyo leads the majors in that fun to follow category – Pitchers with home runs -. Other surprises include Mike Lowell and Coco Crisp (That IS his official name…Real name? Who knows?…Official…Yes.) The Colts are sold out for next season!...Which makes Jim Irsay an even richer man. I am disappointed with the Indiana Pacers organization as a whole. Jayson Whitlock has had two very well written articles recently over at ESPN.com. One regarding the ugliness down at Duke University. The other about the redemption taking place at Indiana Universtiy.

Writing

As usual I’m struggling to come up with a story from the heart to submit to the Reader. I think my self absorption with getting some publication is growing old with Rhiana. Two stories down and two to go. I really can’t wait to be free to write for myself again.

The World

George Bush has seen his approval ratings hit record lows. Believe you me, no one is surprised and no one cares. I sure have noticed oil prices going up. Must be GW’s cronies trying to make him feel better about those approval ratings. We are also all but surely going to invade Iran in the next month. It will be only the second time in the history of the United States that we have taken a preemptive course of military action against another country. The other occurrence? Iraq 2003. 200 plus years of harmonious freedom screwed in the rear by one administration. Yeah George Bush has big balls, but according to the latest polls nobody likes him or his balls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home