Please Pardon My MisEducation

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Judith Moore

About four months ago I received a simple note from a complete stranger. The note was nothing more that a request to have me write for a publication. I emailed this stranger named Judith. She replied and asked me to write about my upcoming wedding for a newsweekly during the month of May. Later she asked me to continue my writing thru June as well. Judith, it turned out, was a senior editor with The San Diego Reader.

Sadly today I’ve received news that Judith Moore has passed. I did not know her other than the brief emails she sent to me regarding my stories.

She gave me an opportunity to do something I’ve always dreamed of doing. To be a published writer. I never had the opportunity to thank her. I had planned to do it after my assignment for the San Diego Reader had finished.

There are a few publications regarding Judith’s passing on Monday May 15th, 2006.

The Contra Costa Times

Paper Cuts

The San Francisco Chronicle

1 Comments:

  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger Ann Marie said…

    Oh honey.. I am sorry.
    I know she gave you a big break and it meant alot to you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home