Please Pardon My MisEducation

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

You Followed the Yellow Brick Road…Didn’t You?


Hello and welcome. There is a 99.999932 percent chance that if you are reading this, you clicked on a link over at the Reader. As the title of my blog might suggest, I make no claims of being perfect. I don’t use proper grammar, run on sentences are my specialty, and I do claim to know a little something about everything (and everything about nothing). Thanks for stopping by…I truly hope you can find something from my writing that makes your day whatever you need it to be….but I do it mainly for me and any kids Rhiana and I might have in the future.

Just so you know it’s about 10:54 on Tuesday May 2nd. Right now I am sitting alone listening to the rain drip into the window basin just outside my basement window. Like many of you I worked all day today. I am a little tired and my ADD has furiously taken control of me since about 8 p.m. Life has been treating me well today. I’ve planned to golf on Saturday morning…and I’ve planned on doing it poorly. The wedding invitations are starting to hit mailboxes. The Red Sox/Yankees game was postponed tonight and the Indiana Pacers lost.


Rhiana and I have been cleaning the house since 7:30 or so…right after we got home with a couple hundred dollars worth of groceries. Why have we been cleaning? Well…my dad will be here tomorrow. He is coming to visit from Indianapolis. He is a skilled woodworker and he has constructed some cabinets for us as a wedding gift. He is taking two days to drive out here with them in the back of his truck. And two more days to drive home after he has given them to us. Right now he is probably sleeping or getting ready to go to sleep somewhere in the middle of Pennsylvania. I am very excited to see the cabinets. He’s been working on them for quite some time. But I am looking forward to seeing my Dad for the first time since his 60th birthday in March.

Rhiana and the dogs (Kayla and Buca) are in bed now. I told her I had a few things to do before bed. She cautiously asked me what those “things“ are…it’s funny…I know why she asked. She knows me so well…and she knows that I am having a fit with the ADD right now. Yeah yeah I know that there is medication….I’ll leave that talk for another time. Anyway I assured here that I had carefully planned to write this article now. She was OK with that. I told her that I also needed to make a list of cleaning I needed to finish up before heading to work tomorrow. She suspiciously asked exactly what it was I needed to do.

“Oh you know…vacuum the basement, get the dog hair off the couch, wipe down the bathroom, and scrub the floors.”

“OK” she said skeptically.

So I came down stair stiffened off the bar area and the tiles in the laundry area.

I remembered that Chop was on tonight and that I missed a new episode. I thought to myself,
“I’ll bet they will rerun it again later."

At that moment the angel on my shoulder whispers, “Must fight ADD…..write the blog go to bed….must fight ADD….write the blog go to bed….must fight ADD….”

Oh well. I’ll catch it next time.

I fired up my machine and noticed that my cable internet is running ssssssssslllllllllllllllllowwwwwwww. (Side note…my word processor has just indicated to me that I misspelled the word “slow”…no shit)

Sorry…I glanced over the Yahoo news headlines. Does it get any more bleak than these headlines???

“Plane Crash In Russia 100 Dead”
“Iran threatens Israel”
“US Army Facing Blood Donation Shortage”
“Schools Begin Addressing Childhood Obesity”

Yowzers. Is there any good news?

Anyway I’m tired and ready for some sleep.

Thanks again. And please feel free to comment or email. You can find my story and a follow up to my Columbus trip right here in my blog.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Ann Marie said…

    Oh dear lord!!! ADD... it SUCKS!
    And my dear you forgot an A.. since you are over the age of 18 you now have the new and improved AADD.. which unfortunately isn't any better than ADD.. you just have an extra A so you remember that you are getting old. I too suffer with this little aliment (no i don't know how to spell or use capital i's apparently) I do not medicate myself unless you call Michelob Ultra medicating (I have found that while drinking beer I do focus much better.. mainly on is my beer empty yet.. is there more in the fridge.. what if there isn't.. maybe there is.. how many more swallows in this bottle.. are the ones in the fridge colder than this one.) But as you can see at least I am focused on one thing.. BEER.
    Running off to check out Re's Blog now.. Have fun with Pops this week.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home